Pages

Wednesday, June 9

Dum Dum Du-Dum! Here Comes Project #10

DSC01252-1

How’s that for a teaser?? I love the way this project turned out, even amidst all the other stresses of life. I was asked to help a friend with her wedding shower this may, and I knew I wanted to do something awesome for the invitations. Why? Well, I’m a firm believer that first impressions are incredibly important, and I wanted the shower to make a good first impression. Okay, I’ll admit it, I’m a HUGE nerd. But a crafty one.

So I went scouring the interwebs for someone else’s fabulous idea and came across this one over at WeddingBee. Well, I fussed and fidgeted with the template for what seemed like YEARS (okay, so it was only a week), only to no avail. I got very frustrated and gave up for a few days. Then I started to get psyched about the big day coming, and got on board with finishing these things and got them sent out. We had decided on a “pots, pans, and pinups” theme for the shower and I went right ahead and made these bad boys to fit. Take a look…

DSC01254-1DSC01253-1DSC01255-1

The “Pinups” card had a recipe card that I asked guests to fill out and bring back with their gifts for Takara. I apparently struggle to take photos of the third page with no hands :)

John (her fiancé) was coming into town with her, as usual, and wanted to be a part of the shower without having to play shower games, for any reason. So we decided to put on a BYOM barbecue for the guys to come and join all of us over at a nearby friend’s home. I whipped up some postcard size invites lickety-split and dropped one in with all the invitations, then sent them on their merry way!

 

DSC01259-1

Finding paper was the part that took the absolute longest, aside from making my printer work with such heavy weight paper. I ended up using a cardstock that I bought from a local scrapbook store. I loved the extra little bit that the texture added to the invitations so much, I used the scraps from cutting down the 12x12’s to print off the bbq invites. Stitching the edges of the invites was the easiest part of the project, and something I think I’m definitely going to incorporate into future paper projects, because I loved the results.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. *LOVE* these! Nice work! In fact, I'm loving all your projects. You are so clever and creative! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete