Pages

Sunday, August 3

Chillier Months

So the summer is drawing to a close, but I am excited to talk to many of my "friends" again. I feel like I got totally abandoned by most of them, save for a few. I could be reading the situation all wrong, but I'm excited at least to get back to the friends that I know are here for me and want to spend time with me. I'm also excited to step out into a world that desperately needs JC and proclaim his name. What will tomorrow bring? I don't know. But am I excited for it? yes!!!

The only thing stopping me right now is crappy congestion that at the moment is draining from my head to my chest. Going from super humid to A/C all the time is killing most of the staff, and I happened to have been the next target. It doesn't help that I was speaking for almost four hours yesterday; Sweet Quilt Auction Goodness!!!

Which leads me to my next topic. Quilts! We raised about $50,000 yesterday. and $530 of that was from me! I bought three quilts, so if you get one from me sometime in the next year, the money went to a great cause! Also, I got one for myself (spent way too much money on it) but it was worth every penny. I cuddled up to it last night, and it really did feel wonderful. I'm excited for chillier months so I can wrap up with it more often.

As for chillier months; I have received word that my last reference letter for Britain is in the mail and should arrive this week, which means I CAN APPLY FOR BRITAIN FINALLY!!! As many of you know, this has been something that I have been incredibly excited about since I found out about the oppportunity back in April. Keep this is your prayers please!

Also, be praying for a friend of mine who's father was in a car accident. As well as the ministry that's going on here for the next two weeks, and for plans of staff afterwards.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Hun,
    I'm so happy to hear the quilt sale went well. You will have to show me the one you bought. That is amazing how much money they raised. I'm also glad to hear that you can finally apply for the brittain trip (actually, I'm so jealous I may smack you).
    And I'm very sorry to here that you're feeling sick. I hope you feel better soon.
    I love you babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sweetie,
    I'm so happy to hear your coming home soon and the great news about Britain. Take your medicine and plenty of fluids, mom says so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD!!! Awesome news!! Jay is joining the marines! My brother is a marine!!! How amazing is that? I think it's so great!

    ReplyDelete