Pages

Sunday, February 1

To Be Relational....

God is creator of the universe. Heaven, Earth, all that Jazz. I know it in my brain and in my heart, but the part that I struggle with some days is that that includes me.

As I'm re-reading Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge I find bits of knowledge that my brain wasn't tuned into originally. I'm still making my way through the second chapter bit by bit, and I'm focusing in on how God is relational. Mostly focusing because He's repeated this theme to me time and time again in the past month or so.

It makes sense if you really think about it. Of course God is relational. But where do we see it?

Genesis 2:18 "Then the Lord God said, 'It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.'"

Ding, Ding, Ding! Isn't this the first sign? If we are created in God's image (Gen. 1:27) then why wouldn't He be relational?

Alright, second less obvious, more obtuse sign. The Trinity. The concept of the trinity, the 3-in-1 separate entities, shows us that God is relational to the core. He is constantly in a state of community with Himself. The relationship that He possesses with the Spirit and the Son shows people everywhere that they should be in community with one another. "No man is an island," I guess John Donne had a point.

But what does that mean for women? For me?

It's okay. It's okay to be relational, to be concerned, to care for people. The desire for details stems from our core of relation. We want to know more because we want to be involved in another's life because we care for them. God is relational. Let's replace "we" with "God."

God wants to know more because God want's be involved in OUR lives because God cares for us. So now I just need to work on letting Him in. I've had a lot of practice with new people in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment