Pages

Tuesday, July 20

Wha???!?!?

I feel like this is the reaction half the time when I open up my mouth anywhere I go. It’s like I’m spouting off parables in a foreign language. In reality, I’m actually more often than not trying to help someone when people look at me with that crazy bewildered reaction…

280440366_51e3be92afSource

Yep, that’s the one. Or at least that’s pretty close to what I think it is internally, most people have the common decency to not show this face on a regular basis. On to the point… I’ve been re-re-reading a book that I love lately, Lamb by Christopher Moore (more on this later). Nevertheless, there’s a part in the book where the main character is telling a parable in a foreign language, and it made me wonder about the way that Christ was received in his ministry. Obviously, we know he was not necessarily well loved in his hometown, but he had thousands of followers. People who received his message with open and willing hearts, or so I assume. It’s completely possible that they were just very gullible, but I doubt that you would continue in “popularity” that long among a crowd of gullible people. Being the “Real Deal” that Jesus was, it amazes me to see that he is still to this day being received with open and willing hearts in great numbers around the world.

Today I am humbled by your overwhelming power to draw people to you, Lord. Today I sit at your feet in amazement of all that you have done, are doing, and will do in my life and the lives of others. Even when I stray from your narrow path, you have been there to guide me. I praise you now, as I hope to do forever. Amen.

Oh yea, and I got the bible study book today, but its definitely not in my favorite condition, so I’m hoping I can get it exchanged….

1 comment:

  1. How funny !! The expression on that little guy is priceless !!!

    ReplyDelete