Pages

Friday, March 18

What’s going on today….

1) Registry.

I think this is going to suck the life out of me, but I’m amazed at all the different types of things that exist online, and how many choices there are for things as simple as salt and pepper grinders. It’s also lead me over to HelloKitchen, where I’ve been reading all of Cindy’s ideas and drooling over her tasty goodies.

She’s an architect, and features some really interesting remodels and projects on her site, so I’ve been searching out ideas that I can use in this little apartment, and get some idea for what I want/need on this registry, especially in the kitchen. This below the sink drawer is AMAZING, and I will definitely be keeping this in mind for when/if I get to design my own kitchen. Head over to her post @ HelloKitchen to see the rest of this inspiring kitchen.

(Source: HelloKitchen)

She’s also got a great checklist for reorganizing and decluttering your kitchen, in my case, it’s doing both, and helping me figure out what I need to register for. Leave her some love if you download and let her know just how awesome the site is!

2) Reading

It’s this darn Kindle…. I love it! I’m using it for class, which means lots of textbook readings, and pdf’s and note-taking. It’s been great for all of those things. But mostly I’ve been catching up on some of my own personal reading.  I’ve finished reading Nature Girl by Carl Hiaasen (my favorite author), The Secret Diary of Alice in Wonderland, Age 42 and Three-Quarters by Barbara Silkstone, and The Tower, The Zoo, and The Tortoise by Julia Stuart.

mosaicde12e617df2bbf88aa059a580863d8c527b1d670

(Source: Amazon)

All were great, in their own quirky way, and I’m in the middle of Sick Puppy by Carl Hiaasen right now. This is a re-read, so it’s been a bit slower going because I know what happens, but all in all, still very good.

3) Menu Planning

I need to go grocery shopping. It’s true and terrible, but I do. I’m currently searching through my websites and cookbooks, making choices for the new recipes that I want to try this week. In the meantime, I’m also admiring an old link I have for a menu planner project. Over at Ollibird, they created an awesome planner that I can’t wait to actually put to good use.

They say to put it in a frame under glass and use a dry erase with it, but I’m thinking laminated magnet paper, and putting it right up on the fridge. Any other ideas?

For the time being, I’m dreaming of One-Pot Spaghetti and it’s tomato-y goodness.

4) Painting my Nails

I’ve been on a pretty good schedule of painting my nails since I got engaged. It’s not always a good look, depending on the color, but I have at least been trying to keep them trimmed, clean, and shiny.

mosaic5cd42a7d86566504a0f3a24060599011c9ac0c71(Source: All My Photos)

Clockwise from Top Left: Revlon Top Speed Nail Enamel #210 “Jelly,” Revlon Top Speed Nail Enamel #320 “Jaded,” Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure #410 “Lavender Cloud,” Essie Nail Lacquer #152 “Fiji,” Rimmel London 60 Second Nail Polish #805 “Grey Matter,” Revlon Top Speed Nail Enamel #330 “Emerald”

I am in LOVE with these colors. Some of the brands are better than others, but I really like Revlon (can you tell?) because they have a really good consistency. I’ve been using Sally Hansen Nail Nutrition Green Tea & Bamboo Strengthener for base and top coats. It’s great because it keeps everything shiny, and is great for filling some of the ridges I have in my nail beds.

That’s all for today, I guess. Take care all!

No comments:

Post a Comment